Re: SPARC Issues Open for Conjecture

On Sun, 2016-06-12 at 02:44 -0400, alexmcwhirter@triadic.us wrote:
> I understand this much, the issue isn't adding these to unstable.
> It's finding sparc-utils-udeb in the first place.
>
> sparc-utils-udeb is not in unreleased, at least not according to
> http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/dists/unreleased/main/binary
> -sparc64/Packages.gz
>
> Removing unreleased from /etc/apt/sources.list and trying to
> force-reinstall sparc-utils fails, confirming that it's not in
> unstable.
> Adding unreleased back into sources.list will allow it to reinstall
> normally. But with unreleased added to sources.list again you still
> cannot install sparc-utils-udeb as it can't find it.
>
> Only sparc-utils can be found in unreleased, not sparc-utils-udeb.
> The
> cd installer build process explicitly asks for sparc-utils-udeb and
> not
> the other variant.
>
> So either i change it so debian-installer uses sparc-utils over
> sparc-utils-udeb or something is wrong with the repo.
>
> Im going to guess the former is correct.

Checking the repo, its always good to see it's there.

http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool-sparc64/main/s/sparc-util
s/sparc-utils-udeb_1.9-5+sparc64_sparc64.udeb

But if i am well, you are only able to download & install udeb's within
the Debian installer environment. Because thats what udeb's are for.