Re: Enable module aliases for vio on sparc/sparc64

Hi!

On 04/11/2016 09:04 PM, David Miller wrote:
> Thanks for bringing this up.
>
> Although I wonder, I was able to successfully install debian just fine
> a couple years ago in LDOM guest nodes without any special changes
> whatsoever.  Were there autoload hacks placed in /etc or similar
> before?

I'm not sure actually but back then you were definitely installing
Debian's sparc port (32-bit userland / 64-bit kernel) which is no
longer part of Debian.

We are now working on a new, full 64-bit SPARC port called "sparc64",
so many things are actually built from scratch. It's therefore not
unlikely that the old installer images contained some work-around
to address the problem, at least initramfs-tools contains one [1]
which is not used in the installer image, however, and people therefore
have to load the modules manually for the installation.

> Either way, I'll look at this patch, thanks.

Great, thanks a lot!

Adrian

http://sources.debian.net/src/initramfs-tools/0.123/hook-functions/?hl=478#L478

--