Re: Debian on qemu-system-sparc64

Hi Adrian!

On 01/25/2016 12:05 PM, Adrian Davey wrote:
> Just thought I'd share a couple of things to help people use debian on
> emulated sparc64 (sun4u).

Great idea!

> Currently, graphics is not functioning so once installed using Adrian's
> wonderful debian d-i iso [1] from message thread [2], you need to make
> sure that systemd it not going to make modprobe load the DRM modules,
> else you hang your VM.

Good to know, thanks!

> (...)

Would you mind putting this up in the Debian Wiki on the sparc64 page?

> https://wiki.debian.org/Sparc64

It would also be interesting to know whether you could get networking
on qemu-sparc64 because recently I never managed to do that. Also,
when using virt-manager, I always receive an obscure permissions
error when creating a new sparc64 VM, so I always have to resort
to the command line.

It would be absolutely fantastic to have a complete walkthrough guide
in the wiki which explains how to get a working qemu-sparc64 on
a vanilla Debian testing/unstable.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz