Re: Debian/SPARC[64]

Gents,

Where can I get a good image for my SParc V2000 mahice? and which distibution is the best fot this to run on?

Greetings Fred

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 9:32 AM, Karel Gardas <karel.gardas@centrum.cz> wrote:
On 01/12/15 01:19 AM, Bob Bib wrote:
(BTW, we can also ask Gentoo about the current state of its SPARC support).

That's indeed a good remark.

Karel:
FYI: the issue is that Solaris switched to Sun's asm which does have
different syntax than GNU asm. So to preserve compatibility with GNU or
not to preserve that is the question. :-)

Are the differences so hard?
Maybe the GNU assembler already has the support for Sun syntax?
Then it looks more like a GNU Binutils issue:
http://www.gnu.org/software/binutils/

Differences are not so big but before putting this compatibility in someone always need to ask if this is not done for completely dead horse. Looks like it's not. :-)

Thanks!
Karel