Re: Infiniband and OFED on Debian sparc64

Thanks John, I will double check if “lspci” and “dmesg” show my infiniband
cards.

>From my understanding OFED includes the following:
“kernel-level drivers, channel-oriented RDMA and send/receive operations,
kernel bypasses of the operating system, both kernel and user-level
application programming interface (API) and services for parallel message
passing (MPI), sockets data exchange (e.g., RDS, SDP), NAS and SAN storage
(e.g. iSER, NFS-RDMA, SRP) and file system/database systems.”

Without OFED infiniband cards can not transfer data across the wire.  Not
sure if this is the best place to ask about OFED or if I should contact
the OFED mailing list.  The problem is OFED only appears to be
compiled/supported on x86.  I have never seen OFED on sparc debian and the
source never compiles when I attempt to do. The OFED mailing list might
point me back to the sparc mailing list since OFED is only supported on
x86.

https://www.openfabrics.org/index.php/openfabrics-software.html

https://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/OFED/

Tony