Re: Resurrecting Debian on SPARC

On 11/13/2015 09:18 AM, Tony Rodriguez wrote:
> YES, Please resurrect Debian on SPARC! I have a couple of T5140s and one
> T5120 that I would be love to continue running Debian on.

You already can. You'll just have to install the machine using
debootstrap for the time being until we are able to create usable
install images. Anything else should be working and is up-to-date.

With the plans of the debian-cd team to adopt "vmdebootstrap" in the
future, it will hopefully be easier to create new install images in
the future. In fact, someone on the debian-cd team I spoke to promised
me they would eventually create unofficial install images for the
ports architectures.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz