Re: Resurrecting Debian on SPARC

On 10/30/2015 01:29 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 10/30/2015 01:34 PM, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:
>> Cary is working on it.  He mentioned that supporting the
>> STT_SPARC_REGISTER symbols will require some work on the
>> target-independent code of gold, so it may take a while.
>>
>> Can't libsystemd be linked with ld/bfd instead of gold?
>
> Not sure. I'll ask the systemd maintainers and Lennart.

Aha, the systemd maintainers *did* actually previously disable
gold for this particular reason [1].

Back then, they were primarily concerned about sparc though
and since sparc was recently removed from Debian, they dropped
the patch which resulted in the recent linking problems on
sparc64.

I will perform a manual rebuild of systemd on sparc64 later
today which will be linked using ld/bfd instead of gold.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz