Re: schroeder and lebrun EOL - decomission

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 10:35:58AM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 10/14/2015 10:31 AM, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > Which is entirely irrelevant to this case because schroeder and lebrun are
> > not in Germany, and someone already posted links to the online documentation
> > that says so?
>
> Yes, but they are in Croatia and shipping 31.5 kg from Croatia to
> Germany costs approximately 40-50 Euros and not 500 something
> as you claimed.

I didn't claim that, I just said the shipping cost range can be unreasonable.
In fact, I would say even 40-50 EUR is entirely unreasonable for a machine that
*maybe* costs that much now, and which is so battered that it will probably
cost 0 EUR by the time it's rebooted once again - when it finally fails due
to any one of its many ailments.

You don't need the specific hardware, the only thing of value on it is the
software, and you can have DSA rsync everything from the old machines, which
also costs 0 EUR if we ignore man-hours :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.