Re: Resurrecting Debian on SPARC

On 09/18/2015 04:19 AM, Bob Bib wrote:
> sparc arch removal also affected some SPARC-specific packages[1] (e. g.,
> "SILO" bootloader).

Yes, I am fully aware of that. We have the same problem on all other
ports like hppa which require a bootloader which cannot be uploaded
to unstable when it's only available on a ports architecture.

SILO was removed because packages which do not build any binary packages
in unstable are automatically removed from unstable within a few hours.

I discussed this issue with Aurelien at DebConf 15.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz