Building a sparc64 chroot with debootstrap (?)

Hi,
I just read the ongoing discussion on sparc64 chroots (
https://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2015/09/msg00015.html
and https://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2015/09/msg00016.html)

Perhaps my debootstrap script

https://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2014/06/msg00012.html

may help in this regard. It was tested only on alpha so far
(and hppa where it is irrelevant) and I would be thankful
for test reports on other architectures.

It basically amounts to download and uncompress the script
'debian-ports.gz'.

Then (let's suppose you are running a sparc64 machine) :

wget -O - http://ftp.debian-ports.org/archive/archive_2015.key \
 | gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring=./my_keyring --import
debootstrap --keyring=./my_keyring --variant=buildd unstable \
  sid-sparc64-sbuild ftp://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian ./debian-ports

If it works - there remains the update of /etc/apt/sources.list as
Adrian explained.

I hope it helps !

Regards,
JH Chatenet

P-S : It seems that the package libaudit1 currently causes the
installation to fail - it is perhaps advisable to wait for a newer
version.

.....The following dependency problems occur :
required  package libaudit1(1:2.4.4-3) :  unmet dependency  libaudit-common
  (>= 1:2.4.4-3)  -  libaudit-common (1:2.4.4-2)  will be installed