Re: binutils gold linker

On Wed, 2015-08-19 at 17:39 +0200, Artyom Tarasenko wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 5:16 PM, Frans van Berckel <
> fberckel@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2015-08-19 at 16:48 +0200, Artyom Tarasenko wrote:

> > > Now the question is whether git/master gold linker is better than
> > > 2.25.1, or if the test coverage is not large enough. The latter
> > > would
> > > explain why the breakage went unnoticed for more than 6 Months.
> > >
> > > Can you please try to link systemd with your freshly built gold
> > > linker?
> >
> > Sure. It may not be as neat, but with just a # make install?
>
> I think so. It should be possible to clean the mess afterwards with
> reinstalling dpkgs.

We still having the udev issue. It and up on the initramfs prompt.

I am sure gold it installed in /usr/bin, instead of local. I did a #
initramfs-update -u, before booting. The power button is what left.

Booting a old kernel, does go further, but theres a udev error as well.

Thanks,

Frans van Berckel