binutils gold linker

Hi Knut Petter,

> Sounds fair enough. In any case, I have a running installation which I can
> add more cores/memory to whenever it would be usable. So just let me know.

Can you please do the following:
  git clone git://sourceware.org/git/binutils-gdb.git
  mkdir binutils-build && cd binutils-build
  ../binutils-gdb/configure && make -j8
  mkdir gold && cd gold
  ../../binutils-gdb/gold/configure && make check-TESTS

And post here the test report generated? Should be something like
make[1]: Entering directory `/projects/binutils-build/gold'
PASS: bootstrap-test
gcctestdir2-r/ld -o libgold-2-r.o -r --whole-archive libgold.a
<...>

Artyom

--
Regards,