Re: RES: run debian on sparc T3-1

On 24 June 2015 at 20:06, Kezia Cristina Pereira - Claro Matriz - <kezia.cpereira@claro.com.br> wrote:

OK, Than You couldn’t use the Wheezy like a primary for SPARC right? Did you installed Debian on with SO in our machine? Solaris?

I have installed the Wheezy now in my machine, but it seems too strenge, because when I try to install an Virtual box like Qemu on it, Debian give me a message No space left on device. And my machine have 300GB on this disk hat I partitionated Debian. I reformatted now, because might is the way that I have done this, I put Al the folders in a separated small partitions like it askme when I was formatting, u know? Anyway, I formatted now the whole disk again and ut all the folders together it seems to live my disk free, but now ill try to install an Qemu to try put an VM up =/

Im trying… Lets see

I never tried to run wheezy as a primary. My guess would be that Debian can't control LDOMs properly so I never tried to install it to bare-metal.

OS running on primary is Solaris 11, from memory I think I installed debian from the netboot.iso, and both of my debian LDOMs use zvol as backing storage.

Regarding the rest of your comments, you kind of lost me :) I'm not sure if I'm reading it wrong, or if you are mixing up Virtualbox, QEMU and KVM. Not that I see how either of them are really related to running Debian on SPARC. I don't think you can emulate SPARC in VirtualBox on an x86, and the QEMU SPARC I don't think has all the necessary CPU functions to run the debian sparc port.

-kp