Re: console [tty0] enabled, bootconsole disabled while booting from disk after complete installation

Hi.

On Friday 11 July 2014 19:57:13 shyam prasad wrote:
> Dear Berckel,
>
> The below error i am getting after the installation.
>

>      lqqqqqqqu [!!] Install the SILO boot loader on a hard disk tqqqqqqqqk
>      x                                                                   x
>      x                     Installation step failed                      x
>      x An installation step failed. You can try to run the failing item  x
>      x again from the menu, or skip it and choose something else. The    x
>      x failing step is: Install the SILO boot loader on a hard disk      x
>      x                                                                   x
>      x                            <Continue>                             x
>      x                                                                   x
>      mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj
>

> <Tab> moves; <Space> selects; <Enter> activates buttons
>
> What could be the problem.How to resolve it.

Just out of my mind, I did not check:

If you are using a keybord and a monitor attached to the machine you try to
install, you can switch to a text console / shell via ALT-F1 or ALT-F2.
Somewhere on your disk you should find the configuration file named
silo.conf. After installation, it's in /boot, but I don't know by mind where
the disk is mounted during installation.

I would check this file (does  it look reasonable?). Then run silo manually
(chroot into the system? ). Hopefully, you will get better error messages.

If you are using a serial console: no idea.

Regards,

   Hartwig