Re: Seems I have bad timing with Debian on SPARC.

On 2013-10-04, Hartwig Atrops wrote:

> On Friday 04 October 2013 22:43:43 u60 spitfire wrote:
>> Nice.  I'll disable XDM and do a manual startup.  Did you write out
>> /etc/X11/xorg.conf?  (if not, if there's a chance you could before
>> starting X do an X -configure and post the resulting xorg.conf.new
>> that pops up in your home directory that would be great.
>
> My Ultra 60 has a Creator 3D card, too . X worked out of the box here, I did
> not need to provide an xorg.conf (Wheezy and Jessie).
>
> Xdm is in use, too - no problems. Neither local monitor nor XDMCP.

No xorg.conf here also. I get 1280x1024 on old Sun (Hitachi?) monitor
with VGA adapter on Creator card.

Xorg -configure doesn't work, so no /root/xorg.conf.new.

I do get a Segmentation fault when I shut down X before powering off.

[I have Debian on external SCSI drive. Solaris 10 and OpenBSD on
 the internal drives. It's a slow machine, so I wouldn't expect
 too much. Debian on the 1.5MZ, 500MB ram Sunpci card is faster.]

Regards,

Howard E.