Re: Compiling vanilla kernel issues.

So current when I build the vanilla kernel using the typical Debian method with make deb-pkg I end up with a kernel that panic's on boot.

It says,
--CUT--
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

CPU: 0 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/1 Not tainted 3.12.0-rc #1
Call Trace:
--END CUT--

Any ideas? If someone has instructions on how they typically build there kernel for SPARC system I would like to know. Though this is how I always have done it in the past it just recently stop working after 3.8.x series.