Re: list of active sparc port maintainers

Hi,

Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@debian.org> writes:
> > Debian's organizational structure page[1] still lists Jurij Smakov as
> > (the only) sparc porter. But he resigned a few months ago[2].
> >
> >   [1] <http://www.debian.org/intro/organization>
> >   [2] <https://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2013/05/msg00008.html>
> >
> > Could you please get the list updated with people still interested?
>
> I didn't see any reply, so I'm wondering if there are still active
> people?

I still have several Sparcs -- mostly Ultra 5 and 10, and two
third-party Sparcs, both manufactured by Tritec in Mainz, Germany
IIRC, but one of them no more runs Linux as it's a 32-bit Sparc...

I do run one UltraSparc 5 in production on Wheezy (it's a time server
running with Squeeze kernel, c.f.
https://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2013/07/msg00005.html).

I occassionally start up two other Sparcs with mostly Sid. (But the
last time was quite a while ago.)

Last bigger action on Sparc was that I've debugged multiple issues of
grub2 on Sparc together with grub2 upstream locally at my home.

I also planned to play around with the sparc64 port, but didn't get
far with it. (Actually I was slightly frustrated when I noticed that
Linux on Sparc seems to have no support for software RAID.)

So far I've read debian-sparc@l.d.o only occassionally because it's
quite low-traffic. (That's also why I'm replying just now.) I guess I
need to keep some eye on it more often.

I'm currently thinking about adopting SILO, but I fear my
(arch-specific) C knowledge is not deep enough for that -- despite
Jurij wrote that the main point is having access to a Sparc and that
part is given for me.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin