sparc / Problems with 3.2-kernel

Hi,

today I tried to resurrect our buildd on schroeder (which is from
architecture sparc). While trying to do so, I had a couple of strange
behaviours like vi freezing after 20-30 seconds, or I couldn't about
tail with ctrl+c or suspend with ctrl+z.  This didn't change after a
reboot. Machine was running our official 3.2-kernel.

After Martin rebooted the machine into oldstables 2.6.32 kernel,
things are working as they should, and the buildd is up again.

Question: Is this a known issue? How can we get a fix for that?  (I
would assume DSA will consider it a non-option to not be able to
upgrade to our default kernels.)

Andi