Sun T1000 noise level

Hello,

I'm thinking about buying a Sun T1000 just to have a sparc-based
computer at home again. I know that these servers can be really noisy.
I have a walk-in closet (air conditioned, of course), so I could lock
the computer there, and the CPU would be idle most of the time.
Do you think having a T1000 running in the next room would be noticeable?

Thanks,
Daniel Kasza
ps. Yes, I do realize that this list is for debian-sparc specific
questions, but this is the only sparc related mailing list I read.