Netra T1 200 watchdog timeouts

If I install either the current Wheezy/testing or Lenny on a Netra T1 200 with LOM (lomlite2) at 3.10, the first time OBP issues a boot command I get

[string of hex]
Watchdog Reset
Externally Initiated Reset

If I subsequently issue a second boot the system runs as expected.

This affects both Lenny and Wheezy but does not affect Squeeze, i.e. it appears to be a regression. Since this happens in between the OBP boot command and SILO's boot prompt, I presume that it is a SILO problem or that the installer is doing something odd to the disklabel.

Lenny:	1.4.13
Squeeze: 1.4.14
Wheezy:	1.4.14

The correct way of fixing this is probably to upgrade the LOM firmware to 3.14. However this requires Solaris, and before the patch can be installed it requires that the appropriate packages be installed:

"To use LOM commands you must install the Lights Out Management 2.0 packages (SUNWlomu, SUNWlomr and SUNWlomm) from the Solaris Supplementary CD." http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19102-01/n1280.srvr/819-1269-11/poweron.html The problem is that I don't believe that the supplementary CD is freely available, which in practice means that this course is not available to most Linux users.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk