Re: powerbutton

On 2012-03-29, mlsparc@mailserver.ipstatico.net wrote:

> I've installed debian 6 stable on an old sparc sun ultra5
>
> if I type:
> halt
> or shutdown -h now
> or init 0
>
> all works fine
>
> If I try to shutdown using the powerbutton, the computer will
> go off but a lot of errors appear on the screen before going off
>
> How could I resolve the problem?

I've had an ultra5 and ultra10 for years and always used halt, etc.
I never considered using the powerbutton to shutdown. Anyway, I
tried it on my ultra10 running wheezy and it got as far as
"...Stoping disk
Asking all remaining processes to terminate..."
and hung there without shutting off until I cut the power.
When I powered the machine back on, it said that the disk wasn't
cleanly unmounted, did a fsck, and carried on.
This machine has a SCSI controller and drive.

Regards,

Howard E.