Re: Need a hand to test fdutils

Andreas Schwab píše v St 10. 08. 2011 v 23:21 +0200:
> Matteo Cypriani <mcy@lm7.fr> writes:
>
> > We have two very old bugs about superformat (from the fdutils package) not
> > working on sparc and m68k architectures.
>
> Does it actually make sense on any non-PC hardware?

on Atari it used to be popular (25 years ago) to use 10 or 11 sectors
per track (instead of standard 9) and up to 86 tracks (~ 968 kB on SD
floppy). If this is what superformat does then yes, it might make sense
(sort of :-)

Petr

P.S. I tried to google for "superformat" to find out what it does but
didn't find anything. But from
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=78915 I guess we need
something in order to be able to format floppies at all.