debian fails in a Sun t5220 server

Hello, I am trying to get the most recently debian testing release to work in a Sun T5220 server.
The processor is a niagara t2.
Ubuntu doesn't even boot the kernel of the install CD. I get an illegal instruction error.
However, Debian-testing installs  fine.
After installation, it boots successfully from hardisk, I hit ENTER in silo menu, and it loads debian.
But at the end of the boot, after loading the ssh server and mta, the system suddenly freezes, without any error messages. It doesn't even show the login terminal.
Do you have any ideias of what is happening?

Thanks in advance

--
Eduardo Henrique Molina da Cruz
MSc student