How to boot SUN T5220?

Hello all,

I am the Flamarion Jorge and I'm from Brazil.

I joined this list for two reasons:

1 - I understand very little about the SPARC architecture, which must
have an installed Debian and it works well.
2 - I really want to report a successful installation for staff of the DI

So here we go

Today all afternoon here in Brazil (GMT -3) I tried unsuccessfully to
get a boot with Debian installed on SUN T5220.

Initially I did a normal installation using a traditional partitioning
using EXT3 and SWAP.

After some reading on the Internet I saw that it was necessary to have a
primary partition in UFS and EXT2 format, and has a partition table with
the label SUN.

Well, I tried to do this manually, without success. I tried to leave the
DI guided partitioning, without success. I tried, tried and tried .....
I read a lot, but unfortunately I can reach the end of successful
installation, with all the hardware detected and functional, but I can
not boot from a ILOM.

The only way I could access my Debian on SUM T5220 was through the
rescue mode of DI.

So after all this saga, I'd like a hint of you on how to make Debian
boot properly SILO from the ILOM.

This machine is at my disposal, so I can try any hint that you want to
post so we can report a successful installation of for the DI guys and
the staff of the SPARC port.

Thank you very much

- --
Flamarion Jorge