Re: Kernel panic on SunFire T1000 system via netboot installation

2011/2/21 brian m. carlson <sandals@crustytoothpaste.net>:
> Does your headless system have a USB port?
> <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/sparc/ch06s04.html.en> has all
> the details about firmware loading.

No, there are no USB ports nor a CD/DVD drive. [1]

I'm familiar to loading firmware from a USB stick but I was thinking
that maybe there is another way of providing these files to the
installer. Maybe a netboot image [non-free] that contains some
firmware to at least make the network functional?!
Maybe some script to insert a firmware file into the netboot image?

Thanks

[1] http://www.sun.com/servers/coolthreads/comparison/index.jsp