Re: Kernel panic on SunFire T1000 system via netboot installation

Hi,

2011/2/16 Teodor MICU <mteodor@gmail.com>:
> 2011/2/16 Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org>:
>> I see a similar report there about a
>> year ago, but it received no replies:
>>
>> http://marc.info/?l=linux-sparc&m=126374994720779&w=2
>
> I think that upgrading the firmware might be the only solution [1] for
> this old system (SunFire T1000).

After upgrading the device firmware I'm proud to report [1] the first
successful installation (for me) of Debian on SPARC architecture. Many
thanks to all of you, especially to Anatoly for helping with the
firmare.

One question. The installer asked for a firmware file (tg3..) to be
loaded from USB. Fortunately this firmware is not strictly required
for operation but I would like to know how one can provide one to
headless sparc systems during install?!

Thanks