Re: Installing Debian from NFS

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 13:49 -0500, RR wrote:

> The way my boot server is setup is, that it has tftp, /etc/ethers
> and /etc/hosts files all setup. I have the boot.img from Debian Lenny
> for sparc in /tftpboot and also have the hex and decimal/AF_INET
> format of the intended IP Address soft-linked to this boot.img in
> the /tftpboot directory i.e. 0A01030B -> boot.img. I also have the
> entire debian-DVD-lenny.iso available and is mounted on /mnt/iso by
> way of lofiadm so that /mnt/iso has the contents of the ISO and not
> the bundled iso image.
>
> Now, how do I tell the installer to go pick it up from there? I have
> done a bit of research and all I see everywhere is mentions of some
> file called root.tar.gz and debian-installer and what not...but I
> can't figure out where do I get that from.

Did it in the past several time's. Google searching on Debian Sparc
Netboot installs I found a blog article. Think it covers your needs.

http://www.de-brauwer.be/docs/debian_on_sun.html

The stable netboot image is available in the repo.

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/installer-sparc/current/images/netboot/

Thanks,

Frans van Berckel