CPU Disable/Temperature Sensors on V210

Hi there

We run some Dual 1.33GHZ V210's (and even some V100...) running Debian and are looking for some sort of hardware monitoring capability similar to that offered by Solaris. Fans, Temperature and other sensors.

Have downloaded the HPI framework but I cannot seem to get it to do  much.

Additionally it would be really useful if we could disable a CPU from the operating system (as available in Solaris) - so that when the machine is idling (such as during the night as it is a test machine) we could simply write a cron job to switch off CPU#1 (save power and reduce heat).

Is this possible?

Many thanks
Edik