Re: Sparc64 status / overview page

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 11:40:20AM +0200, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> Hi Aurelien,

Hi,

> it looks like you are the only sparc64 porter atleast I haven't found
> any other uploaders on debian-ports in the changes files for June.
> There is no status / info page about the port. Such a page or something
> else what is representative for the port would be handy so I can include
> it in #571325. The question is what should pop up if you click on
>  packages.d.o/sid/sparc64/<pkg>/download

It's a port I have started following a discussion on IRC with the
release team. Given the Sparc32 port is slowly dying due to lack of
upstream support it is necessary to switch sooner or later to a Sparc64
port. DSA was kind enough to give me access to zee.debian.org that is
faster than my UltraSparc machine, and that also runs a build daemon.

The base of the port is there, but there are still a lot of work mainly
to get Qt and OpenJDK working here before the port can progress further.

I have created a quick and dirty Sparc64 page on the wiki [1], please
fill free to improve it.

Cheers,
Aurelien

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Sparc64

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73