Re: Debian-Sparc on a Sun Ultra10

I had the same problem on my Blade 1000, and Jurij kindly pointed my at
the solution, so I'll quote:

"This is a known problem. Kernel 2.6.30 incorrectly reported machine
type to the installer, so SILO was installing incorrect bootloader
(intended for 32-bit machines) during the installation, causing this
boot failure. See the following message:

which includes a workaround for it. It will get fixed automatically
once we get newer kernel for the installer images, daily images might
already have 2.6.32, which should work out of the box."

HTH,

Chris