Re: Lenny on E4500, esp_scsi won't detect disks

--- On Tue, 3/16/10, Frans van Berckel <fberckel@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Ian Primus wrote:
> > lsmod reports that esp_scsi and sun_esp are both
> loaded. I can't remove/reinsert the module because rmmod
> isn't a valid command from the installer disc.
>
> Will modprobe -r do what you are looking for?

Hehe. Yeah, that's the one. Forgot about that :)

Ok, so, I managed to trick the installer by removing the module before detect-disks ran. This allowed detect-disks to load the module and see the SCSI hard drive.

So, now I have Linux installed. Next task: getting the fibre channel working. I'm currently digging through the configuration options on the kernel. (Downloaded 2.6.33.1 from kernel.org) I can't for the life of me find the Sun fibre channel driver. I could have sworn it was SOC or something like that...

-Ian