Re: Lenny boot hangs on Sun Ultra 5

Jurij Smakov wrote:
On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 02:44:55PM +0300, Vladimir R wrote:
Hello all,
I did install on my Sun Ultra 5 Debian Lenny, using installation image from
 http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.3/sparc/iso-cd/debian-503-sparc-CD-1.iso
Installation finished OK, but when I tried to boot new linux, the system hangs
trying launch desktop.

The easiest is probably to not select the 'Desktop system' at the package selection screen during installation. If you only select 'Standard system' and uncheck everything else, it should not install the graphical environment.

Alternatively install from a 5.0.0 CD, do not allow it to update from a mirror during installation, and never run "apt-get upgrade".

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk