Re: Sparc release requalification

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 09:23:36PM -0800, David Miller wrote:
> From: Josip Rodin <joy@entuzijast.net>
> Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 23:40:28 +0100
>
> > http://www.backports.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-image-2.6.30-bpo.2-sparc64-smp_2.6.30-8~bpo50+1_sparc.deb
> >
> > To extract, use:
> >
> >   dpkg-deb -x linux-image-2.6.30-bpo.2-sparc64-smp_2.6.30-8~bpo50+1_sparc.deb newdir
> >
> > And then you have newdir/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.30-bpo.2-sparc64-smp etc
>
> I've tried everything to reproduce this.
>
> I've tried building 2.6.31.6 -stable from Josip's config using
> Debian stable's compiler (gcc-4.3.2)

I think you need to build with the gcc from unstable to reproduce the failure.
Lenny kernels have been booting fine on my box (SunBlade 1000), unstable kernels
started failing about 3 months ago. I might have some time over the weekend to
build the current unstable kernel with both stable and unstable gcc to verify
that it's unstable gcc which causes problems.