Re: rsc device on SunFire 480/880 for mgetty in debian ?

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:02:43AM -0800, David Miller wrote:
> That's why I need some other mechanism to boot test kernels (tftp,
> etc.) in order to help you out to fix the bootup hang.  And while
> doing so I can debug this RSC serial problem too.
>
> FWIF, the CONFIG_SERIAL_SUNSU driver is supposed to detect and run the
> RSC serial ports.

Do we have any recorded success reports for V480 at all? It's missing from
prtconfs.git. My colleagues told me they tried to boot one a few months ago,
to no avail, with 2.6.18 and 2.6.30. I could give it another shot if
there's a real interest.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.