From: Josip Rodin [mailto:joy@entuzijast.net]
To: blue [mailto:blue@aquarat.za.net]
Cc: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Sent: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 01:13:23 +0200
Subject: Re: Sun fire V890 UltraSparc server kernel panic, offer to assist?with fixing it and future ports

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 01:07:14AM +0200, blue wrote:
> Etch : If I boot without specifying console=ttya it does the same thing;
> hangs at "Booting Linux". It also hangs if I try booting "expert" with
> console=ttyS0.

> Lenny : If I don't specify console=ttya, it boots and then stops as soon
> as it's said something to the effect of "handing over console [earlyprom0]
> -> ttyS0". If I specify console=ttya OR console=earlyprom0, it has a
> kernel panic.

I'm thinking you should be using something like "console=ttyS0,9600n1",
that's what I last used on one of mine (though not on the exact same type).

Do you have RSC/ALOM on this machine? Using its console redirection would
greatly simplify the console issues, you wouldn't have to do anything in
the software.

--
2. That which causes joy or happiness.