Re: Mysql 4GB mem limit and SPARC64

Davide Ferrari wrote:
On Friday 31 July 2009 10:07:17 BERTRAND Joel wrote:

Davide Ferrari wrote:

Hi

I've installed Debian SPARC64 port on a Sunfire T5220 (so, a Niagara2)
with 32GB of RAM but unfortunately mysql is, as every userland program in
Debain SPARC64, a 32bit application.
This is a great limitation cause you cannot make mysql use more than 4GB
of RAM and with really big InnoDB tablespace this is a real PITA cause
you cannot get all the queries cached in RAM and performances drop, so
we're just wasting RAM cause this should be a mysql box.

Any idea on how to solve this? Does recompiling work? Even gcc is a 32bit
application so I'm not pretty sure.

	You can build a 64 bits applications with a 32 bits gcc. You have to
rebuild mysql with -m64 option (CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -m64", CXXFLAGS and
LDFLAGS).

Ok, I'm trying to recompile from sources (apt-get source), I'm using these
flags:

declare -x CFLAGS="-mcpu=niagara2 -m64 -g -O2"
declare -x CPPFLAGS="-mcpu=niagara2 -m64"
declare -x CXXFLAGS="-mcpu=niagara2 -m64 -g -O2"
declare -x LDFLAGS="-m64 -mcpu=niagara2 -L/usr/lib64"

It seems it's compiling and linking with 64bit but I keep getting this error,
although I do have installed lib64stdc++6

Do you have lib64stdc++6-dev installed too?