Mysql 4GB mem limit and SPARC64

Hi

I've installed Debian SPARC64 port on a Sunfire T5220 (so, a Niagara2) with
32GB of RAM but unfortunately mysql is, as every userland program in Debain
SPARC64, a 32bit application.
This is a great limitation cause you cannot make mysql use more than 4GB of
RAM and with really big InnoDB tablespace this is a real PITA cause you cannot
get all the queries cached in RAM and performances drop, so we're just wasting
RAM cause this should be a mysql box.

Any idea on how to solve this? Does recompiling work? Even gcc is a 32bit
application so I'm not pretty sure.

Thanks in advance

PS please CC me when answering cause I'm not subscribed. Thanks

--
Davide Ferrari
Atrapalo.com System Administrator