availability of v8 processors

* Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org> [090625 01:48]:
> sparc-biarch defaulting to 32bit isn't supported by upstream; there are requests
> to move to v9 optimization by default, which requires some work in the compiler.
> I don't plan to update this for upcoming GCC versions, and there's no interest
> by upstream to help with this kind of setup. You can't buy v8 software for years
> now,

There is LEON, which seems to be v8 only (and available for sale, though I
cannot say if in a way Debian could run on even if there was a working
kernel (LEON (especially amba bus) support in Linux seems to still need
to need special kernels, though there seems to be some efford to get
that mainline currently)).

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link