Reducing involvement with sparc port

Hi,

After giving it some thought, I've decided to significantly reduce my
involvement with the sparc port, mainly due to lack of motivation and
other responsibilities I'm in the process of assuming. Last two Debian
kernels (2.6.29 and 2.6.30) do not even boot on my sparc box, and I have
no interest whatsoever in tracking the reason for that down. If someone
out there is still interested in actively keeping sparc port afloat, I
would suggest to try and sort these kernel issues out first. Another
couple of problems I've made pretty much no progress on are disabling
CONFIG_PROM_CONSOLE (bug 525958) and adding support for loading VIO
devices to udev (bug 526621). The former should improve the performance
on Niagara quite a bit, the latter should make the LDOMs usable on sparc
without manual tweaking.

Good luck.
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org