Re: RE: Debian on a Sparcstation 2

I don't have the URL to hand, but support for sparc (32-bit) was dropped with Lenny. In practice the best I managed was Sarge on an SS20, with multiple problems with Etch, even if I installed Sarge then did a dist-upgrade.

HTH,

Chris.

On May 24, 2009 2:04 PM, "Peter Crawford" <creature.58@hotmail.com> wrote:

Michelle wrote,

> ... for the SS10 Woody was the last

> release which worked. I suspect, that Sarge, Etch or even Lenny/Squeeze > will work on the SS2.

I'm puzzled.  If Woody was the last release to work
on the SS10, why will a later release work on the
SS2?

Martin wrote,
> ... check when support for SPARC V7 / sun4c
machines was dropped.

Thanks.  Can anyone mention where to find this
information?
                           ... p. crawford