Re: debian unusable on niagara

From: Josip Rodin <joy@entuzijast.net>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 22:44:43 +0200

> On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 01:11:29PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
>> I don't find garbage like this in Ubuntu and Fedora-sparc.  Why?
>> Because those developers contact me when they need help or need a
>> problem fixed.
>>
>> End of story.
>
> Doesn't that mean that they encounter a fairly small amount of
> non-distro-specific sparc-related problems? Otherwise I don't see how
> that procedure can scale.

Are you really this blind?

Assume there were 100 sparc supporting distributions.  What scales
better?  Having me on 100 fucking mailing lists looking for things or
having those sparc dist maintainers contact me or this mailing list
when something specific comes to their attention?

You tell me.

> Neither Ubuntu nor Fedora seem to distribute sparc versions as mainstream,
> which would seem to explain why they aren't seeing enough problems for
> these kinds of issues ever to escalate.

Ubuntu did.  And both the Fedora and Ubuntu sparc folks sit on
a sparc developer IRC channel and have direct access to me 24 hours
a day if they want to ask something or get something tested.

You're being dense and bringing up scarecrows to dismiss my
fundamental argument.  Which is that it doesn't make sense, nor scale,
for me to follow what ever dist in the world does with my work.