Debian First Boot Problem on Ultra5

Just finished doing a net install of Debian on an Ultra 5.  When finished, I booted the system for the first time.
I could see the boot precess on the screen but I am no good at speed reading.  The last line looked like it says, "Starting network Services (this ", and then the screen goes black save for a single underline '_' at the beginning of the first line.  Since I am new to Debian and SUNs, I need some help please.