FTBFS on sparc: __sync_test_and_add_4

Hi sparc porters. I'm writing to ask for your assistance on a FTBFS on
my package csound on sparc. The build log is here[1]. The failure is
the following:

> libCsoundAC.so.5.2: undefined reference to `__sync_fetch_and_add_4'

Csound uses __sync_lock_test_and_set for spinlocks, and tests for
their existence at build time to use them. Sparc's gcc apparently
provides said function, since the test succeeds, but I'm getting the
above failure (note that __sync_fetch_and_add_4 is nowhere mentioned
in the csound sources).

What is a possible cause for this? I don't have access to sparc
machines so I'm kind of unsure what to do here. Note that csound uses
-Wl,--as-needed for most of its libraries.

Please CC me on replies, I'm not suscribed.

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=csound&ver=1%3A5.10.1%7Edfsg1-2&arch=sparc&stamp=1240144021&file=log

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler