Re: x-www-browser for ultra5 ultra60

gavin duley a écrit :
On 10 Mar 2009, at 04:58, Howard Eisenberger wrote:

On 2009-03-10, gavin duley wrote:

At the moment, I am using Epiphany. This is part of the GNOME  project.
It's not as sophisticated as iceweasel, but it does pretty much
everything I need from a browser and works well.

http://projects.gnome.org/epiphany/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphany_(browser)

Thanks for responding. I just tried Epiphany (the browser, not the
game) briefly and it also crashed on a problem page (ebay.ca), but
I will investigate further.

That's... odd. I've used Epiphany on my Ultra 5 for quite a while, but apparently I must not have used it for eBay. Epiphany seems to reliably crash every time I click on the link to log in... It's the first major problem I've had with Epiphany so far, though.

I tried two other web browsers -- one called netsurf seems to work, but not very well (it's slow and does not have JavaScript support). Another, chimera2, could not handle the eBay login page.

So far though, apart from for eBay, Epiphany seems to be the best option for a web browser on the Ultra 5.

On my U60 and my U2, I have rebuilt seamonkey from sources. 1.1.14 runs fine. 2.0a3 craches very early with a SIGBUS.

	Regards,

	JKB