Re: Debian+KDE for SPARC

Julien Cristau wrote:
On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 23:24 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
Also, if installing on a machine with cg6 is it possible to lock xorg.conf down to 8 bits (the hardware won't do the default 24) such that it doesn't revert on upgrades?

Nothing should mess with xorg.conf on upgrades, so any modification you
make will be respected.  The DefaultDepth directive in the Screen
section is probably what you want.

xorg.conf does get rewritten by an apt-get upgrade on x86 "Lenny", and I've certainly seen that happen on SPARC with older versions. I know that DefaultDepth is what I want, but what I don't know is why the installer is setting it to the default 24 for hardware that doesn't have that capability.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk