Re: apt gpg problem dist-upgrade sarge > etch on SS20

On 17 Jan 2009, at 22:37, Chris Andrew wrote:

Hi, all.

I'm trying to do a dist-upgrade from sarge to etch on my SS20.  Sadly,
I am getting a gpg error when apt and other apt utilities try to
configure.  Does anyone know how I can overcome this?

I'm not a Debian developer, but: I've had a similar problem with my Sun Ultra 5. Oddly, it seems to be specific to certain mirrors. Changing to using another mirror often seems to fix the problem.

It could be just that changing the mirror and doing apt-get update gets rid of problems with some local cached files? I'm not sure -- as I said, I'm not a Debian developer and only have a hazy idea of how Debian archives work.

gavin,

--
Early to rise, early to bed,
makes a man healthy, wealthy and dead.