Re: your mail

On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 03:19:52PM +0300, Max Dmitrichenko wrote:
> I'll try lenny's X server in the nearest future. I'm 95% sure that
> it'll work with my patch or with the combination of my and your patch.

Are you talking about

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=5769907ade8dda7002b304c03ef9e4ee5c1e0821

?

(I still haven't found time to test either, I'm just checking...)

> I'm totally disagree with you that it is not RC-bug. Even documented
> in the release notes bug remains to be a bug. And X server is very
> important package to be ignored. Imagine that this bug occurs on the
> PC hardware. Why then sparc should be discriminated.
>
> So, don't release lenny for a while :)

Having a common X server regression is an RC bug for the architecture IMHO.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.