illegal instructions on etch

Hi all,

I'm new to debian on sparc (but use debian since years on i386).

I installed plain etch on a Sun Blade 1500 yesterday. Everything went
fine, except that apt-listbugs failed consistently with an "illegal
instruction".

After that I installed puppet from sid but puppetmaster fails with the
same error. This is unfortunate, because this machine's single purpose
is to serve as puppetmaster :)

I switched then to sid, and everything works fine. But I would actually
prefer to have etch on this machine.

I wonder if anyone has an idea or hint, on how I could resolve this
problem on etch.

Many thanks,
Hp.
--
Hanspeter Kunz                  University of Zurich
Systems Administrator           Department of Information Technology

Spamtraps: hkunz.bogus@ailab.ch hkunz.bogus@ifi.uzh.ch
---
When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping.