Re: Console problems during installation of Lenny

Armin Saul wrote:
When I use the image from
http://people.debian.org/~stappers/d-i/sparc/daily/netboot/boot.img
(2008-12-26 12:17) the system boots fine via network. But...
The only languages I can choose in the menu are C and English.

Congratulation, you made it ... ... and sorry, but C and English is all you will get when installing with a serial console attached. The understandable assumption is that there may be display issues for languages with certain characters (e.g. accented) and therefore there are not offered, leaving effectively only English, during a installation via a serial console. As I can live with English, I never went further, but I guess one could modify the language settings via ssh after the initial installation. Cheers, Klaus