Re: Console problems during installation of Lenny

On Saturday 13 December 2008, Klaus Klein wrote:
> > What is the output of the command 'console-type' in the debug shell?
>
> serial

That's good.

> I did two _full_ logs.
> One with 'install BOOT_DEBUG=3' which leads to the problem.
> One with 'install console=/dev/ttyS0 BOOT_DEBUG=3" which lets me
> install debian.
>
> Where should I put them (gzip'ed)?
> Should I really send as an attachment to this list?

That would have been fine.

I've looked at the logs you sent me provately and the first showed a
stupid syntax error in the reopen-console script. I've just uploaded a
new version of rootskel to fix that.

Daily images that include the new version (1.72) should work correctly.
Those should normally be available tomorrow, but to be certain you could
wait an extra day to retry.

You can check which version is included in daily images by looking at:
http://people.debian.org/~stappers/d-i/sparc/daily/MANIFEST.udebs

Cheers,
FJP